Swan Districts Hospital

The Swan District Community Hospital was closed in November 2015, following the opening of the Midland Health Campus.

​Timeline

  • 1954 (22 September) - It originally opened as a 25-bed maternity hospital

  • 1963 (18 October) - The hospital expanded with a 40-bed general wing

  • 1971 (20 August) - A second general wing, which also included new X-ray facilities and a nursing aide training school opened

  • 2001 - A 25-bed mental health unit was opened

  • 2015 (September) - It was planned that once the Swan District Community Hospital closed down, all services aside from the dental clinic would cease

  • 2015 (24 November) - Swan District Community Hospital closed

Original photos by Millsy (First Visit)

Original photos by Millsy (Second Visit)