top of page
08 - Kwinana Radar Station Communication Centre

Kwinana Radar Station

The Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) decided to build a series of "early warning" radar stations at key points around the coastline, as a result of the direct threat Australia felt from the Imperial Japanese Army during the second World War.

It was largely staffed by members of the Women's Auxiliary Australian Air Force (WAAAF) and only used for a short time from August 1943 until February 1945.

01 - September 2020